Friday, January 14, 2011

trend settin' on a recessionista budget

1.  Classic Trench:
Tim Gunn said it himself.  A basic trench coat is the season after seasons must have coat.  I'm not going to deny if you bought the burberry version of the trench it would be worth every penny since the style is seen every year.  However, I just have to share the London Fog version I picked up at Marshalls this evening for only $49.  SCORE!!



2.  basic blazer
Another staple that every woman should own.  I love pairing a black blazer with jeans on a dressy casual weekend dinner or simply throwing it over a dress to look all the more appropriate for a last minute meeting.  
I was strolling through savers the other day and spotted this Ann Taylor Loft number for only $6.  yes.....$6!!!!  It fits like a glove and is sure to last me through the seasons.


3.  The Full Skirt:
I love a full skirt because it is great for any body shape.  It elongates a petite frame when paired with heels and accentuates curves for a curvier woman.  Scored this Limited version at Savers for only $3.  This will be perfect in spring/summer with my nude patent pumps, a white tee, statement necklace, and thick belt.  Ahhhhh..... sunshine.... where are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment