Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 9




Yesterday was day 9 of our running adventures.

I noticed in the last post I didnt provide much detail about the dynamics of this running program.  So, the short of it is I am training for a 5k in April with 2 of my girlfriends, and my husband is our coach.  We hit the Austin trails at 5:30am 3 days a week and on our off days we cross train with a fitness exercise of our choice along with foot drills and injury prevention stretching.

So, for the best news...... Our goal for day 9 was to run for 12 minutes and walk 10 with a total fitness time of 35 minutes.  Wednesday morning was soooooo cold.  32 degrees.  I couldnt feel my fingers and I kept telling my girls my butt was numb.  But, perseverance must have been on our side because we ran continuously for 22 minutes.  On day 1 we could not run more than 10 minutes.  This is quite an improvement!  We have set our sights on a half marathon for the fall since we are confident the 5k will be a piece of cake for us in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment